Serve with (Rice+ papadums + one or two other curries)
|300 g||tuna fillet, cut into bite-size pieces|
|1 tsp||chilli powder|
|1 sprig||curry leaves, plus extra to serve|
|1||onion, peeled, quartered|
|3||garlic cloves, peeled, finely chopped|
|2||leeks, washed, chopped|
|3||banana chillies, chopped|
|2||long red chillies, finely chopped, plus extra to serve|
|2||green chillies, finely chopped, plus extra to serve|
Sweet and sour sauce:
|3 tbsp||tomato sauce|
- Place the tuna in a bowl with salt, chilli powder, curry leaves and lime juice. Stir to coat the tuna and set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
- To make the sweet and sour sauce, combine the tomato sauce and vinegar and set aside until ready to use.
- Heat the oil in a wok over high heat. Once it reaches smoking point, add the onion, garlic and leek. Cook for a few minutes, until the mixture is fragrant and the onion is translucent. Add the chillies and fry for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tuna and toss to coat in the spice mixture. Stir in the sweet and sour sauce and cover. Leave to cook for a few minutes, or until the tuna is just cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve sprinkled with curry leaves and the reserved chilli.
Can also be done with pieces of beef or pork!
Recipe Credits: LINK