Sri Lankan Prawn Curry
Serve with (Rice+ papadums + one or two other curries)
|750 g||small raw prawns|
|1||medium onion, finely chopped|
|3||garlic cloves, finely chopped|
|1 tsp||fresh ginger, finely grated|
|1||small cinnamon stick|
|1/4 tsp||fenugreek seeds|
|1||stalk lemongrass bruised (or 2 strips of lemon rind)|
|1/2 tsp||ground turmeric|
|1 1/2 tsp||chili powder|
|1||strip of rampe leaf (pandan leaf)|
|2 cups||coconut milk|
|good squeeze lemon juice|
- Wash prawns and remove heads but leave shells on ( in Sri Lanka prawns are cooked with the shell on for better flavour).
- Put all ingredients, except lemon juice, into a saucepan and bring slowly to simmering point.
- Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes or until onions are soft.
- Add lemon juice and stir.
- Taste and add more salt or lemon if required.
Recipe Credits: LINK