Sri Lankan Cashew Nut Curry
Serve with (Rice+ papadums + one or two other curries)
|250 g||cashew nuts|
|1||large onion,finely chopped|
|1 sprig||curry leaves|
|2||green chillies, chopped|
|1 x 10cm piece||pandan leaf|
|½ tsp||roasted cumin seeds, ground|
|1 tsp||chilli powder|
|300 ml||coconut milk|
|150 ml||coconut cream|
|pinch roasted curry powder|
- Soak the cashew nuts in a small bowl of water for 1 hour. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the ghee in a medium pan over high heat. Once hot, add the onions, curry leaves, chilli and pandan, and stir.
- Once the onions are fragrant and begin to change colour, add the cumin, turmeric, chilli powder and the cinnamon stick. Stir over medium heat until spices are lightly roasted.
- Add the drained cashew nuts and stir to combine.
- Add the coconut milk and boil until the sauce has thickened and reduced.
- Stir in the coconut cream, bring to the boil and remove from heat. Season to taste.
- Pour into a bowl to serve and top with a little extra coconut cream and some roasted curry powder.
Recipe credits: LINK