Manioc Chips or (Cassava,Yuca,Tapioca Chips)
Like potato chips but 100 times more crunchier!!! And spicy if you choose…
MANIOC CHIPS INGREDIENTS:
|2||fresh cassava roots|
|bowl of ice water|
|oil for deep frying|
|salt and chilli powder to taste|
- Slice off about a half-inch from each end of the cassava (yuca) root.
- Peel the brown bark-like skin from the root.
- With a vegetable slicer or mandolin, slice the root into thin rounds (about 3 mm or less). You can use the straight blade or crinkle cut blade.
- Put the slices into the ice water right away and allow them to steep for 45 minutes.
- Remove the slices from the water.
- Drain and dry on paper towels. (You do not want them to be wet when you put them in hot oil.)
7. Fry in hot oil at 180-190°C until a lightly brown and crisp. Don’t crowd the fryer. Fry in batches if necessary.
8.Drain the chips on paper towels, sprinkle with salt and chilli powder.
You can serve them right away or allow them to cool and store them sealed in plastic bags or airtight container.
Recipe Credits: LINK